Thursday, December 14, 2017

"It is a profound story that I know the world will want to hear"

The Twilight movies are watchable only in the Rifftrax versions. My favorite line: "Bella! The girl that everyone in the world for some reason gives a rat's ass about."

(It's funny in context.)

That line kept flashing in my memory as I scanned this morning's news. Everyone in the world seems to give a rat's ass about this Omarosa personage, and I can't fathom why. Who the hell is she? Why was she in the White House?

I'm not really up on pop culture these days, so I'm still not sure if she's a singer or an actor or an athlete or an astronaut or a writer or the new Captain America or a sparkly vampire's girlfriend or a Kardashian or a sparkly vampire who preys on Kardashians or...  Or what? Various articles indicate that she played some role on Trump's idiotic teevee show. Is that it? Is that what got her into the White House?

Here's the part that even I can give a rat's ass about:
"I'm not going to expand on it because I still have to go back and work with these individuals, but when I have a chance to tell my story, Michael, quite a story to tell as the only African-American woman in this White House as a senior staff and assistant to the president, I have seen things that made me uncomfortable, that have upset me, that have affected me deeply and emotionally, that has affected my community and my people. And when I can tell my story, it is a profound story that I know the world will want to hear," she said.
Wait. "Go back and work with these individuals"? What does that mean?

One thing I know about the White House is that when you're out, you are Oh You Tee OUT. Looks to me as though someone is offering her work (i.e. money) as a way of insuring that she keeps her mouth shut. If so, let's put her before a congressional committee. I bet she really is a singer.

Another point. It seems clear that she really was physically dragged out of the White House, and that the Secret Service did not do the dragging. So who, exactly, are Trump's presumably-private Praetorians?

Elsewhere: The Alabama Secretary of State has not officially called the election, which means that Roy Moore may in fact have a chance. The remaining ballots are mostly provisional and military. My understanding is that the state used every possible excuse to hand provisionals out to African Americans, which means that those ballots should help Jones. However, I am not inclined to stipulate the honesty of the SoS in that state.

Exit "cautious optimism" mode. Re-engaging "ultra-paranoia" mode.

(Ah yes. This feels more like...like me.)

DOOOOOOOOM!!! We're all DOOMED!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talking Points Memo had an article discussing Omarosa's firing incident. In the comments section, people pointed out that in addition to the Secret Service, the White House has it's own police force responsible for managing the daily throng of visitors. If White House police dealt with Omarosa's antics, then many details of the story fall neatly in place.

Omarosa had a taxpayer funded salary of $179,000 a year, and nobody can explain what it was that she actually did for the last 10 1/2 months at the White House!

Mr Mike said...

Back in 2000 absentee ballots supposedly from service members kept showing up after the cut off date. Of course JEB! insisted that they be counted.
I sense a similar rat tucking by the Alabama Secretary of state. Doug Jones will win but won't be certified until after the Senate votes on Trumpcut. Mitch da Hitch is off the hook.